Schedule Your PRF Appointment
For Younger-Looking Skin
Visit MedSpa CT in Simsbury today
Platelet-rich fibrin improves upon PRP technology.
Blood concentrates are becoming increasingly popular in medical aesthetics, and your dermatological care can reach the next level when you use platelet-rich fibrin (PRF). By using PRF in your treatments for younger-looking skin, you’ll get to use your own cells instead of a synthetic alternative. If you’ve been hearing about PRP lately — and who hasn’t? — then you should know that PRF is superior. The PRF product is spun in a centrifuge at a lower speed, meaning layers of blood don’t separate as distinctly and some white blood cells and stem cells remain in the platelet layer collected for treatment. Visit our medical spa — MedSpa CT in Simsbury, Connecticut — today to work with Samara Ambrosio for your own PRF treatment.
Why is PRF better than PRP?
- Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) is better than platelet-rich plasma (PRP) because the lower spin speed causes less trauma to the individual blood cells.
- Platelet products with a higher concentration of platelets, white blood cells, and stem cells are more effective.
- PRF products can contain up to 10 times the platelet concentration found in the body.
- No anticoagulant is used during the processing of PRF, which makes it more natural, creates a slower release of growth factors, and allows for the start of the tissue-healing process.
- PRF has fibrin that protects the growth factors and stem cells, which allows them to work for 10 to 12 days — PRP is active for only one to three days.
- PRF stimulates collagen and strengthens skin, meaning you’ll experience healthier, fuller skin in the future.
- With the help of a medical spa, you can use PRF for microneedling, stubborn pigment issues (such as melasma), acne scarring, stretch marks, skin renewal, and hydration.
- Delicate areas such as tear troughs can be treated with PRF, either in conjunction with or in place of dermal fillers.
Visit Our Medical Spa In Simsbury
If you want younger-looking skin, then PRF could be the solution. It’s more powerful and effective than PRP and offers a slow release, meaning the results will last for longer. At our medical spa in Simsbury, we’re committed to helping our clients get the results they want in their skin. Whether you’re interested in lip injections, microneedling, injectables, or other medical spa services, MedSpa CT can be of service. Samara Ambrosio, APRN, FNP-BC, has extensive knowledge with medical aesthetics, including PRF treatments. Contact our medical spa in Simsbury today to schedule your treatment and feel more empowered and confident in your skin.