ZO® Core principles that are behind all product developments are more than just the traditional approach of treating damaged skin – washing and moisturizing your skin. The core principles of all ZO® products provide a holistic approach to skincare and go beyond only the surface problems and delve into what causes skin issues. Skin is…
Samara, of Samara Medspa CT, is an expert in the ZO® skincare line. She attended a master class and was trained by Dr. Zein Obagi himself. Samara believes that ZO skin health in Simsbury CT is the best line of defense and uses ZO® products in her spa. ZO® products are the premier physician-dispensed skincare products in the world. Samara Medspa CT is a circle club partner and the premier medical office supplying ZO® Skin Health skin care products in Connecticut. The medspa’s membership in the club proves how committed Samara Medspa CT is to the goal of using ZO® products to the maximum benefit to achieve optimal results.
There are eight specific principles of skin health restoration offer by ZO®.
- Skin Barrier Function. Skin barriers protect and correct weakness and dryness in the epidermis. ZO® does this by restoring water, aiding in protein balance and lipids, and preventing trans-epidermal water loss. ZO® products also regulate natural skin exfoliation or removing the surface of the skin.
- Stimulating the skin involves initiating cellular activity that repairs and improves the dermis and the epidermis. In ZO® products, this is accomplished through the use of retinoic acid or using retinol as an alternative.
- ZO® products stabilize and normalize epidermal and dermal cellular functions. Normalizing prevents sensitivity to treatment and enables the skin to renew and strengthen.
- Sebum Control. Sebum is the light yellow oil substance secreted by the sebaceous glands. Sebum helps keep the skin moisturized and is made up of triglycerides, fatty acids, and cholesterol, as well as lipids of skin cells, sweat, and environmental matter. The buildup of sebum is one of the causes of acne and inflammation. ZO® products help prevent sebum building up.
- Chronic inflammation elimination. ZO® products reduce chronic inflammation to prevent skin texture altering, sensitivity, dyschromia, cellular dysfunction, accelerated aging, inadequate healing, and poor treatment response.
- Overcome skin resistance Another principle of healthy skin care is limiting the use of topical medical agents that can cause complications.
- Hydration and calming. Keeping the skin well hydrated will reduce irritation and reactions. Hydrators can be used as an alternative to traditional moisturizers, and ZO® increases tolerance to treatments without compromising the results.
- Smart Sun Protection. How many years have sun-lovers been cautioned about sitting out in the sun unprotected? Sun and dark spots, dry skin, and harmful UVA, UVB, HEV, and IR-A skin damage are results of no sun protection. ZO® Triple-Spectrum Protection will defend against the sun’s harmful rays and provide antioxidants, hydration, lipids, and has anti-inflammatory benefits.